Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Sketchbook Painting #6


Been taking a bit of a break from painting until today. I felt that I wasn't putting out enough drawings in my sketchbook, so I ended up filling up about 8 pages of sketches during a trip to the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo.

However, I have been wanting to test out my gouache set. I didn't have a proper brush at the time, but I decided to experiment anyways on an older drawing I did that frankly didn't feel finished without color. And the result? Well, I wouldn't call this finished, but I will say that I've surprisingly fell in love with gouache. It is really the most flexible medium I've ever worked with.

Anyhow, I'm going to make a few tweaks to this later, but I'd say this will probably be the start of a switch to gouache for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment